UniVoices. The JGU JazzchoirUniVoices, the jazz choir at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, is directed by singer Regina Klein. Every semester a new program is studied for a final concert. The pieces are selected deliberately to represent a wide variety of styles from pop, rock, and jazz music. During the rehearsals, the style-specific unique characteristics of the chosen type of music are dealt with, including special vocal training, body-conscious singing, groove feeling, and differences to choir singing of so-called "classical" music.
- Students at the JGU School of Music can obtain a course certificate corresponding to the respective study regulations
- As part of the university's General Studies program, the choir is open to all students and staff at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- In addition, those outside the university may also join within the context of the university's continuing education program.
choir conductors in general schools and music schools, freelance choir conductors or those in associations as well as professional church musicians. Online registration for external applicants. A certificate is issued for attendance. Participation fee for external applicants: EUR 100.
- sufficient experience in choir singing (classical or pop/rock/jazz)
- adequate vocal abilities
- ability to read sheet music
- regular attendance at rehearsals
- participation at the final concert
"Black Box", Mainz School of Music, Jakob-Welder-Weg 28, 55128 Mainz.
Rehearsals on Mondays from 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. (beginning on the second Monday in the semester).The final concert takes place on the last Tuesday during the lecture period.
For concert dates, see the Events Calendar of the Mainz School of Music, www.veranstaltungen.hfm-mainz.de.